Spring begins this weekend and soon our bus tours will be out in full force leading numerous history enthusiasts throughout the Gettysburg Battlefield. Traveling the historic fields of Gettysburg with one of our friendly licensed battlefield guides provides visitors with a unique experience that brings history to life.
We often get a few questions about our tours, so we decided to put together this quick Q&A section to hopefully cover anything you may want to ask. We hope you find this list helpful as well.
- How long are the Gettysburg bus tours?
- Our bus tours are two hours and board five minutes before the scheduled time. Departure is from the Gettysburg Tour Center at 778 Baltimore Street, which is across from the National Cemetery.
- What do the bus tours cover, and what do we see?
- On your trip we will cover all three days of battle as we travel through the Gettysburg Battlefield.
- Do you get off the bus during your tour?
- We make at least one restroom and refreshment stop. If you’ve chosen one of our licensed guided tours we leave the scenic stop option up to your guide to determine where it will be. Sometimes you may make more than one scenic stop. If you choose the dramatized audio bus tour, your scenic stop will be at Little Round Top.
- Where can I book a tour?
- Reservations can be made by calling our toll free number at 877-680-8687. You can also purchase them online through our “Schedule a Tour” link above that takes you to a helpful calendar that lists all the tours that are available.
- Do you offer group tours (for schools, teams, organizations, etc)?
- We certainly do! Group tours can be booked through Gettysburg Group Reservations at 800-447-8788. You can learn more through the “Plan Your Trip” link on our website.
- What are the different bus tour options?
- We offer three different types of bus touring options. These include the licensed guided bus tour (in an enclosed bus with heat or air-conditioning depending on the time of year), a licensed guided double decker tour (weather permitting), or a dramatized audio bus tour (weather permitting on our famous double decker tour bus).
We hope this list covers all of the questions you may have had about Gettysburg Bus Tours, but we also understand you may have more. If any of your questions remain unanswered feel free to leave a comment below or contact us and we’ll be happy to answer them for you!