We would like to share with you a new recipe from the book Grills Gone Wild Meats and Mains for the Grill. This recipe is for Watermelon & Peach Salsa and it not only taste great but it also adds color and flavor when used to garnish steaks.
- 1 ½ cup chopped watermelon , seed removed
- ½ cup peeled, chopped fresh peaches
- ¼ cup finely chopped jalapeno peppers, seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon capers
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
In a medium bowl, combine watermelon, peaches, jalapeno peppers, capers, cilantro, and dressing: mix well. Top sliced steak with salsa before serving.
Another wonderful recipe featured in the cookbook is Plum Dip. This would be best served with grilled chicken wings. The recipe is as follows:
- 1 cup plum preserves
- ¼ cup golden raisins, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced 1 teaspoon white vinegar 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared creamy horseradish
- ¼ teaspoon salt
In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine preserves, raisins, onion, garlic, vinegar, mustard, horseradish, and salt: mix well and cook until heated through, stirring frequently. Serve warm as a dipping sauce with grilled chicken wings.