After a full day of touring and exploring all that Gettysburg has to offer, many visitors are interested in taking home a piece of history. Fortunately, Gettysburg has something for everyone, and satisfying the tastes of our visitors is easy to do with the variety of options available.
We encourage you to check out some of these great establishments on your next visit to Gettysburg, and see what kind of memorabilia, Civil War artifacts, or other items you may find. Your shopping will be easy because all of these stores and shops are conveniently located at 777 Baltimore Street here in Gettysburg:
- A Civil Home – Joining us in April of this year, A Civil Home offers antiques, handcrafted items, and home goods such as teas, jams, jellies, photos and other items to decorate the home.
- Artifact at 777 – Also opening in April 2016, Artifact at 777 is another one of our newest additions to Old Gettysburg Village. This unique shop offers Civil War relics, ancient artifacts, handcrafted jewelry and more, including relics from the famous Rosensteel Collection of Gettysburg!
- Dogs of Gettysburg – If you brought your four-legged friends along (or they’re waiting at home), a visit to the Dogs of Gettysburg Pet & Gift Emporium is a must! This distinctive gift shop specializes in handcrafted items for you and your pets. One of our favorite items is the Civil War uniform that you can purchase for your pet.
- Gettysburg Battlefield Books & Collectibles – For those guests who love to read, Gettysburg Battlefield Books & Collectibles has a great selection of new, used, and vintage books. Those visitors who love American history military books will especially love this shop, as it features books, cartes de visite (CDV’s), historical documents, and more on the Revolutionary War, Civil War, the World Wars, and more.
- Home Front General Store – Featuring a wide selection of military items from the Civil War and World War II, the Home Front General Store affords you the opportunity to own historic uniforms, weaponry, and so much more.
- S. Smith Co – A favorite among guests since 1982, J.S. Smith Co truly has the perfect gift for anyone on your list. A classic general store, J.S. Smith Co has Civil War merchandise, Minnetonka Moccasins, souvenirs, leather goods and so much more.
- Lola’s of Gettysburg – This one-of-a-kind shop offers beautiful hand-crafted gifts, including jewelry or unique Halloween and Christmas gifts. Most of the shop is Lola’s own designs, which means you won’t find these items anywhere else!
- Thompson Photography – Who doesn’t enjoy the old time portraits & photographs? Get your Civil War-style portrait before you leave and remember your visit the rest of your life!
From antiques and books to military items and weaponry, one of the best places to shop in Gettysburg is Old Gettysburg Village. You won’t have to wander far to find the perfect gift for yourself or your loved ones. Be sure to stop by on your next visit and see what unique items you can find!