Here at Gettysburg Tours, we are committed to making sure that all of our guests have a safe and fun experience during our bus tours, charter bus trips and walking tours. As the general public navigates life with Covid-19 regulations, we want to make sure that we are taking every precaution to ensure the safety of both our guests and employees. Each of the guidelines we have put in place are meant to comply with green phase of the governors reopening plan and are looking forward to both fun and safe times with our guests.
As we return to business, there are a number of precautions that we are taking with each section of Gettysburg Tours: Our Bus Tours, Jennie Wade House and Ghostly Images. Standard precautions include a continued commitment to social distancing and heightened cleaning and sanitary practices. There are also specific precautions that we are taking within each area of the company.
During any of our bus tours company wide, the following applies:
- All employees and customers are required to wear masks while inside and outside any of our buildings, in addition to any of our buses.
- Latex gloves will be worn by employees working at registers and will be changed during each employee break.
- There will be a mandatory health screening for each employee prior to clocking in for the day to confirm that they are fit for work
- Group sizes have been reduced to 20 to allow for additional space between the visitor and employees.
Jennie Wade House
To reopen the Jennie Wade House safely, all of the standard precautions will be taken. In addition, the following self-guided tour procedures will be followed:
- This historic tour has been converted to a self-guided tour with a brief introduction by Jennie Wade House staff.
- Entrance doors to the house will be opened by Jennie Wade staff only.
- Unrelated parties will be separated by o less than one floor in the home to encourage social distancing.
- Handrails and doorknobs inside the house will be sanitized every hour.
Ghostly Images of Gettysburg
The nightly ghost tours at Ghostly Images are so much fun. To keep our walking tours that way and to keep everyone safe, we have implemented some safety procedures meant to keep all visitors safe.
- Group sizes have been reduced to 20 to allow for social distancing.
- Ticket collection has been eliminated to prevent unnecessary contact between visitors and employees.
- Guides will only lower their masks during the tour when they are standing outside of 6 feet and addressing the group for storytelling.
All of these guidelines are meant to keep our visitors safe, keep our doors open and continue showcasing all of the tours and things to do in Gettysburg. We hope that as this “new normal” becomes standard, you will continue to enjoy all of the bus tours, walking tours, haunted houses and charter bus services that Gettysburg Tours has to offer! We are here to give you a safe, fun and enjoyable experience!