Happy Spring! This month’s featured recipe is from The Hershey, Pennsylvania Cookbook available at the Jennie Wade house. This cookbook features many delicious chocolate recipes as well as a history about the town of Hershey and its founder Milton Hershey. We have selected the following recipe for your eating pleasure. Chocoholics will delight in this and many other recipes featuring chocolate of course.
Hershey’s Chocolate French Toast
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa
- 2 ounces Hershey’s Special Dark syrup
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 8 slices of bread
- 2 tablespoons of butter
1. Mix together eggs, cocoa, syrup, milk, and vanilla. Soak each bread slice in the mixture until fully coated.
2. Melt butter in a nonstick sauté pan and fry bread slices until golden brown.
3. Add toppings and serve immediately.
As a topping you might want to use whipped cream, confectioners sugar or Hershey’s chocolate whipped butter. The whipped butter recipe follows.
Hershey’s Chocolate Whipped Butter
- 1 pound butter, softened
- 1 ounce Hershey’s syrup
- 1 tablespoon Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa
1. To softened butter, add syrup and cocoa powder. Whip until smooth.
If you enjoyed this recipe, the book is available for purchase at The Jennie Wade House and it retails for $16.95