July 1st through the 3rd is the Gettysburg 148th National Civil War Battle Reenactment. The gates open at 8:30am daily and the event includes:
◦ 2 Battles
◦ Field Demonstrations
◦ Live Mortar Fire Demonstrations
◦ 2 Activities Tents with continuous living history programs
◦ Living History Village with all-day activities
◦ Sutler Row—Discover period-style clothing and wares
◦ Walk through military camps to experience 1860’s military life and talk to living historians.
The grandstand seating normally sells out in advance so call early for reservations – (717) 338-1525. More information is also available on their website.