After a day filled with Battlefield tours, museum visits, and perhaps a few Ghostly Adventures, many of our older guests often look for a great way to wrap up the day and explore what an evening in Gettysburg has to offer.
You already know that Gettysburg has plenty to offer to foodies, wine connoisseurs, ghost hunters, and history buffs, but what about those who want to enjoy a beer? Fortunately you don’t have to wait for August’s Brew Fest to come to town to enjoy a brew thanks to these local taverns, restaurants, and saloons. We encourage you to wrap up your day of adventure and also get ready for the 2nd annual Brew Fest event by stopping by any of these great establishments in Gettysburg.
These are in alphabetical order
- Appalachian Brewing Company – Beginning with its first location just a short drive away in Harrisburg, Appalachian Brewing Company (ABC) got started in 1951, and quickly became a favorite among those who enjoy craft beers. They’ve since expanded to several locations throughout PA, including the one at 70 Presidential Circle here in Gettysburg. On Friday and Saturday evenings they offer live entertainment in a range of styles. Hours are 11:30am-10pm Sun-Thurs and Fri-Sat 11:30am-11:00pm.
- Blue & Gray Bar & Grill – For those who enjoy a sports-bar type atmosphere, the Blue & Gray Bar & Grill located at 2 Baltimore Street is an excellent choice. They are a great fit here in Gettysburg, aptly naming their specialty burgers after Union and Confederate Generals, as well as giving their wing sauces and rubs Civil War themed names. Open 11:00am-2:00am every day, the Blue & Gray Bar & Grill is a nice stop to grab a beer, watch a game, or listen to live music.
- Dobbin House Tavern – The Dobbin House Tavern has something for everyone. The oldest and most historic home in Gettysburg features a B&B, ballroom, fine dining, country store, and even casual dining known as the Springhouse Tavern. Sit down and enjoy a nice colonial tavern featuring three natural springs, two fireplaces, and your favorite drinks at 89 Steinwehr Avenue from 11:00am-9:00pm daily.
- The Garryowen Irish Pub – An authentic Irish pub here in Gettysburg? You bet! Choose from the best Ireland has to offer in draft beers, or go with a selection of international and domestic premium beers. Open 11am-2pm every day, the live music begins at 10pm on the weekends. Visit what locals refer to as “The Go” at 126 Chambersburg St.
- O’Rorke’s – A favorite stop among our fantastic reenactors, O’Rorke’s pub and eatery has a lovely outdoor patio at 44 Steinwehr Avenue. Open 11:00am-10:00pm every day, O’Rorke’s features live music and entertainment every Saturday for you to enjoy along with your choice of several drafts and bottled beer.
- The Pub & Restaurant – Located at 20-22 Lincoln Square, The Pub & Restaurant features a great selection of draft microbrews and bottles. With a nice patio at the famous Gettysburg Square, The Pub & Restaurant is a great stop on your evening walk through town. Open 11:00am-10pm Sun-Thurs, and 11:00am-11:00pm Fri-Sat.
- Reliance Mine Saloon – Celebrating its 40th anniversary this year, the Reliance mine features a large selection of rotating beers in a classic underground saloon. A favorite among local historians and battlefield guides, you’ll fit right in if you’re interested in Civil War history. Located at 380 Steinwehr Avenue, the Reliance Mine Saloon is open 6:00pm-12:00am Mon-Saturday.
As you can see, there are plenty of options for the beer lovers here in Gettysburg. Paired with the food offerings these locations feature, you’ll be sure to end your Gettysburg trip with a delightful experience no matter where you choose to go.